Sunday, October 11, 2020

LG LW8012ER 8000 BTU Window Air Conditioner Review

 This one is the LG 8,000 BTU and it's the high efficiency at 10.8, PR which I believe is the highest for the 8,000 BTU range. So this is the box. It's a it's really, not too big and not too heavy. Actually, so let me set it up and we'll be right back, so we're back, and I installed the air conditioner, and the first thing I noticed is that putting the little sliders on the side is not a as easy as a task as the Keystone or other Air conditioners that I installed, it was a little difficult, especially, I noticed that it doesn't seal well, even though I put all the screws and such also this slider area part, I had to tape it so it will, it would seal better.

So it's been about two weeks now. One thing I can say is that the air conditioners started making more noise than when I got it, so the fan makes just a bit of a discrete up and now noise. When it's running now, let me talk a little bit about the functionality of the air conditioner. The exhaust fan here as eight directional ways, so it can go actually eight one, two three, four, six, that's six, so it would have at eight if these two are separate.

This is kind of flimsy the way this thing goes up down. These are okay. Now the control panel here is very basic as the temperature up and down timer that can go up to 24 hours, the more the mode cycles between cool energy, saver fan and dry mode, and it has three fan speeds. The highest speed is very, very loud. Also, the remote is very basic. I mean extremely basic. This is like what you would get 15 years ago, so it has the power temperature fan, speed, timer and mode, not much to it single triple-a battery.

So let me start up the air, conditioner and I'll. Show you how loud it is, and right now we're at speed. That was the middle speed, and now it's at the highest speed. I think the highest speed is pretty loud. The lowest speed is tolerable and right now the compressor is working. What I did notice is is very hard to notice whether the compressor is working or not working. So that's a good thing. The only thing that bothered me with this air conditioner is that I don't think it cools enough.

I think my older air conditioner, that was eight thousand BTUs, and this one is eight thousand be to you as well. Air conditioned made the room colder faster and worked less, but it is quiet, and my only complaint is that the fan started making these high pitch hostile, hostile eating noises and they're very high-frequency. So I'm not sure that the camcorder can pick on that. This air-conditioner also has an exhaust take some hair from the outside as well.

It's just circulate here as well, and it did a pretty good job. Do you modifying the the room also as opposed to the other air condition that I reviewed and I'll post a link up there, the the water that condenses or that it it doesn't recirculate the the water that that it condenses. So you won't get get like a pool of splash of water when the fan runs and that's the high pitch that I'm talking about it's pretty pretty annoying.

I'r not sure I could live with that noise. So I'm not sure that that this camcorder is picking on this noise. Also, you can fit you can you can hear some vibration coming from the air-conditioner, I'm not really sure. Why is it so complicated to make an air condition that just works cools and is not noisy, and I'm not saying that this is the most noisy, astaire conditioner conditioner ever I'm just saying that you know I'm pretty sure they could have made it quieter.

Also, in this case, the the filter - you take it off with this root opening door and you can clean it, that's about it. I will probably look for a different air conditioner, but I'm not sure yet the noise is pretty annoying. It's this high frequency and it may not bother you, but it does bother me so you know whatever works for you alright, so hopefully you found this review helpful. Please thumb up subscribe and I'll catch you in the next article till next time, bye,


No comments:

Post a Comment